Siguiente lección: 12/08/2020
Siguiente lección: 19/08/2020
Escoge una opción de horario y ciudad para comprar.
⇑Choose your module option in the red drop-down menu⇑
Este curso está disponible sólo en inglés
In addition to our popular classroom courses, WSET Awards in Wines Level 1 and 2 can also be prepared for through an online course of study.
Online study offers students the flexibility to complete their study at a time and place that suits them.
Each course has a set start and finish date, with clear guidelines on progression, however there are no fixed times to log-on as there is no “live” delivery of content. Students can complete their learning at times that suit them.Students will learn through a range of independent and/or group activities supported by videos and quizzes, designed to achieve the required learning outcomes to prepare for the examination.
Throughout the course, students will have access to a subject-specialist educator who’ll provide feedback on any assigned exercises and respond to course-related queries.
This qualification is intended for those wishing to learn about a wide range of wines or those seeking to build on the introductory knowledge gained with the WSET Level 1 Award in Wines. You’ll gain knowledge of the principal and regionally important grape varieties of the world, the regions in which they are grown, and the styles of wine they produce. Through a combination of tasting and theory, you’ll explore the factors that impact style and quality and learn how to describe these wines with confidence.
The course is based around a 5-week, 6-module online programme with a recommendation of 6 hours study per week to cover the online activities and read the relevant chapters in the textbook. Regular access and participation in the course online activities is essential for this mode of study.
The course structure allows the student to work ahead or catch up on the activities and forums. There are no set times to log into the course as there are no live chats or webinars.
The course prepares the student for our qualification and they are guided by a WSET educator. The student can contact the educator any time for the duration of the scheduled course, should they have any questions. Each module includes a series of independent activities to help students understand wine label terminology and recognise the styles produced by the main grape varieties in key wine regions.
Students should be advised to taste a range of wines during their studies. A list of recommended tasting samples will be sent to the students, but these are not included in the pack (we are working to offer the course with this option, but in the meantime students may contact us if you need help with this). Students can post their tasting notes in the Online Classroom for review by the educator.
1.- How to taste and describe wine using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine®(SAT)
2.- How environmental factors, grape-growing, winemaking and maturation options influence the style and quality of wines made from eight principal grape varieties: Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio/Gris, Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Syrah/Shiraz.
3.- The style and quality of wines made from 22 regionally important grape varieties and produced in over 70 geographical indications (GIs) around the world
4.- How grape varieties and winemaking processes influence key styles of sparkling wines and fortified wines
5.- Key labelling terms used to indicate origin, style and quality
6.- Principles and processes involved in the storage and service of wine
7.- Principles of food and wine pairing.
• Number of weeks 5
• Number of modules 6
• Total course hours 30
• Study pack needed? yes – Will be sent upon registration
• A 1-hour examination: must be scheduled for a week after the course
• 28 hours of self-study prior to the course
• A one-hour closed-book invigilated and remote examination comprised of 50 multiple-choice questions.
• On successful completion of the examination you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin, and will be able to use the associated WSET certified logo in your signature.
• You must have an intermediate or advanced English level to be able to participate in this course: the Study Pack, the classes and the exam will be in English (with no exception)
• You must be of legal drinking age (18 years old) to participate in any alcohol tasting. However, this is not a barrier to successfully completing the qualification.
• 20 July 2020 to 23 Aug 2020: deadline on Sunday 12 July (*)
• 10 Aug 2020 to 13 Sep 2020 – O2WI2101APP: deadline on Sunday 2 August (*)
• 7 Sep 2020 to 11 Oct 2020 – O2WI2102APP: deadline on Sunday 30 August (*)
• 28 Sep 2020 to 1 Nov 2020 – O2WI2103APP: deadline on Sunday 20 September (*)
• 19 Oct 2020 to 22 Nov 2020 – O2WI2104APP: deadline on Sunday 11 October (*)
• 9 Nov 2020 to 13 Dec 2020 – O2WI2105APP: deadline on Sunday 1 November (*)
• 16 Nov 2020 to 20 Dec 2020 – O2WI2106APP: deadline on Sunday 8 November (*)
(*) Please note that students living ourside from Chile must add two weeks prior de the announced deadline to register, so that there is enough time to send the Study Pack (only available in printed format).
MORE DETAILS ABOUT THE QUALIFICATION?
• For detailed information on content and structure of the examnination, please download the LEVEL 2 IN WINE SPECIFICATION.
• For a free demo, please click this LINK
24 AGOSTO a 27 SEPTIEMBRE – O2WI2117APP, 7 SEPTIEMBRE a 11 OCTUBRE – O2WI2102APP, 28 SEPTIEMBRE al 1 NOVIEMBRE – O2WI2103APP, 19 OCTUBRE al 22 NOVIEMBRE – O2WI2104APP, 16 NOVIEMBRE al 20 DICIEMBRE – O2WI2106APP
$612.000 – $2.029.800
$127.500 – $160.000
$73.000 – $220.000
$35.000 – $68.900
$40.000 – $65.000
$40.000 – $1.400.000